[Berlin-wireless] [EN] Internetverbindung in Rauchhaus / Internet connection at Rauchhaus

cholin cholin
Mo Dez 9 15:50:10 CET 2013

Hey,

Freifunk as an opportunity to get broadband access is one of our goals.
So I think this could be a win-win for everyone. Problematic is that we
do not have huge capacity in our network at the moment. A squat like the
Georg von Rauchhaus can easily generate traffic which exhausts a simple
50Mbit connection provided by any telecommunication company. With this
in mind your should have realistic expectations or think if you may want
to provide as well some capacity for the network through a contract with
a local telecommunication company.

The next backbone node in your area is the Emmaus church [1].
Unfortunately this node is currently (since 26.11) offline because we
are replacing the hardware and it's unclear when it will be online again
(maybe not before january). When it's online we wanted to organise some
local free wifi with the people from New Yorck59 [1].

Maybe we should meet in person in the next days/weeks to talk about that
in detail! Next wednesday I'm not at the cbase. So maybe there are
others or we could meet next monday at the druzbar [3].

Greetings
Nico

[1] http://osm.org/go/0MbE5kHBs--?m=
[2] http://newyorck.net/