[Berlin-wireless] ignition stage 1

Marlen Caemmerer caemmerer at monoro.de
Fr Apr 19 10:52:13 CEST 2024

Hey,

I forgot an important thing in this mini setup guide:

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024, Marlen Caemmerer wrote:

> If I have to update records it is: edit the zone, update the serial as usual,
> do rndc reload.

Bind will create the signed zone files for you but when you update your original zone file you still have to re-do the signed zone file.

So to update the DNS info you have to:

edit the zone file, update the serial
rndc sign <zone as in your named.conf>
rndc reload

Otherwise you will end up with a mix of records.
Just after I wrote my post I tested a record I set yesterday. I removed an A-Record and replaced it with a CNAME.
Because I did not re-sign the zone I had both entries in one answer...

Cheers
 	nosy

--
      *          Marlen Caemmerer