[wlanfhain] [Fwd: [CI] Community WiFi]

Peter Lazarev seadiver
Mo Jul 5 14:46:57 CEST 2004

vieleicht schreibt jemand was..

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CI] Community WiFi
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 06:43:41 +1000
From: Don Cameron <donc at internode.on.net>
To: <communityinformatics at vancouvercommunity.net>

This is a call for help or information on community WiFi installations.

I had the pleasure yesterday of hosting our inaugural "Community Wireless
Group" meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to determine the implications
of installing a community-wide star topology WiFi providing free access to
all residents.

We have an abundance of technical expertise, however are lite on experience
in the potential community and business interactions / issues... Is anyone
involved with an installation of this type and prepared to share or discuss
experiences?

Rgds, Don