[Berlin-wireless] Fwd: European Project about Wireless Mesh Communities

Sven-Ola Tücke sven-ola
Di Feb 27 18:33:30 CET 2007

Hi,

FYI - das kam gestern 'rein. To be discussed tomorrow...

// Sven-Ola

Subject: European Project about Wireless Mesh Communities
Date: Montag, 26. Februar 2007 20:29
From: "ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto)" <zioproto-aet-gmail.com>
To: cven-aet-c-base.org, lindner_marek-aet-yahoo.de, onelektra-aet-gmx.net,
sven-ola-aet-gmx.de
Cc: nino <nino-aet-ninux.org>, sal <sal-aet-keybit.net>

Hello Freifunk people,

my name is Francesco Saverio Proto (ZioPRoTo), I'm a member of Ninux.org the
Wireless community from Rome, and also I'm friend of Nino Ciurleo that some
of you know personally. He gave me your contacts.

This email is about proposing to the Freifunk Community to partecipate to a
European Research Project, in the context of the FP7
http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/home_en.html

So I'm writing to you as representatives of the Freifunk community. I know
this might sound a little confusing :)

After being a Ninux.org member, I also work at the University of Rome Tor
Vergata as a PhD.

My Professor is forming a consortium to partecipate to a European Project
about Community Mesh Networks. In other words we are applying for research
economical founds destinated for research in the ICT.

So, if you have interests in partecipating, this is a very informal contact,
let me know and feel free to ask anything.

We would love to have Freifunk in our team, but we have no idea if you guys
are eligibly to partecipate, or better to be paid. Europen Union has some
bureaucracy.

I need to know if Freifunk will be compliant with the bureaucracy, if
Freifunk is a Company or an Association or something else.

Deadlines are quite short, I suggested Freifunk for our consortium,
mentioning that is a real Wireless Community that developed the Freifunk
firmware and B.A.T.M.A.N., but formal invites are already delivered to FON
and Wisher (www.wisher.com).

Even if those are more commercial projects are for sure well stuctured and
organized to partecipate to a European Research Project.

So, one more time, if you are interested in partecipating contact me as soon
as possibile :)

[telno zapped]

Francesco Saverio Proto