[Berlin-wireless] nylon for mood-300

Sven-Ola Tuecke sven-ola
Do Jan 3 17:12:10 CET 2008

Und falls jemand mit Cube oder mood-box noch' irgend eine Soft sucht. Diese
Site hat 'ne ganz brauchbare Liste:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

Man nehme ein Etch/mips-Paket. Manuell installieren mit "ar -x bla.deb;tar
xvzf data.tar.gz" und evnt lohnt ein Blick in control.tar.gz (z.B. fuer'n
update-rc-d um einen Server-Prozess in /etc/rc?.d zu linken).

// Sven-Ola

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven-Ola Tücke" <sven-ola at gmx.de>
To: "wirelesslan in Berlin" <berlin at berlin.freifunk.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:40 PM
Subject: [Berlin-wireless] nylon for mood-300

Hi,

ist noch nicht komplett, aber brauchbar.

Doing Nylon on the Mood:
========================

completely. For that reason, I combined nylon (a linux for
the 4G meshcube) with the stock mood softs. You need a clean
AUX (aka hda2, see above under "Desaster recovery"). Then load
and untar the mood-300/nylon-for-mood-AUX.tgz to hda2. It only
changes the etc/init.d/rc script which sets a couple of symlinks
in the ramdisk.

You then have the mood software (/etc/X11/startclient is disabled)
combined with nylon. Which means:

- Serial login for emergency
- opensshd on the configured IP
- A real shell (bash)
- Simple ipkg update / ipkg install
- Some addons: tcpdump, lsof, strace

Do not forget to set the root passwd (it's empty).

// Sven-Ola