[Berlin-wireless] freifunk-berlin contact problem

Perry isprotejesvalkata at gmail.com
Di Mai 5 23:34:28 CEST 2020

A problem with the Freifunk-Berlin email contact was demonstrated to me
while I was helping someone set up his freifunk network today.

If you go to freifunk.net and click on "Finde eine Community in deiner
Nähe" you get a map.  Once you scroll into Berlin, you get a popup with
3 buttons (WWW, Email, Twitter).  If you click on the email button, then
an email gets opened up and you end up sending an email to
berlin at berlin.freifunk.net.

But after the email is sent, the following automatic reply comes back:

I wrote the förderverien and asked them about it.  The answer is:

> this mail address is taken from Freifunk Berlin's API File:
>
> https://berlin.freifunk.net/static/berlin.json
>
> So it's up to the community to change this address.

Who can change this?  What should we change it to?  Who will monitor
this address?  Any ideas?

Greets,
Perry