[Berlin-wireless] Alternate radio internet network

freifunki098 at riseup.net freifunki098 at riseup.net
So Mär 27 13:38:03 CEST 2022

I don't know much about the subject, but here's some links that might
help you to get your research started:

>The Wireless Battle of the Mesh is an event that aims at bringing together people from across the world to test the performance of different routing protocols for ad-hoc networks, like Babel, B.A.T.M.A.N., BMX6, OLSR, 802.11s and Static Routing.
https://www.battlemesh.org/HomePage

The have recorded sessions as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11ah

>LoRa and LoRaWAN together define a Low Power, Wide Area (LPWA) networking protocol designed to wirelessly connect battery operated ‘things’ to the internet in regional, national or global networks, and targets key Internet of things (IoT) requirements such as bi-directional communication, end-to-end security, mobility and localization services. The low power, low bit rate, and IoT use distinguish this type of network from a wireless WAN that is designed to connect users or businesses, and carry more data, using more power. The LoRaWAN data rate ranges from 0.3 kbit/s to 50 kbit/s per channel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LoRa

A product that uses LoRA to run a messenger:
https://meshtastic.org/

not much happening anymore, but still worth to check it out.
https://disaster.radio/updates/

About radio with ham license:
There are 1-2 stations in Berlin participating in the network:
https://www.freie-radios.net/

https://guffi.net
similar to freifunk mesh but in barcelona and much bigger.

hope this help.