[Berlin-wireless] Alternate radio internet network

Christian Hammel hammel at gmx.de
Mi Mär 30 13:20:11 CEST 2022

Am 30.03.2022 um 12:51 schrieb Julius Hamilton:

> Thanks.
>
> So the most standard way to connect to the network is just using any
> router whatsoever, is that correct?

A user, wantig to websurf, email,... only and who can "see" a
Freifunk-router's signal of other people's router, can connect as a
client as with any other WiFi networks.
By connecting a router to Freifunk you share your ressources with other
people.

> And just curious, what would it take for a cell phone to interact with
> it? Could it interact directly from the phone? Perhaps via Bluetooth,
> even? Or from the cell phone tower, in some way?
Phone as a client: WiFi as in other networks (including using the phone
as a mobile hotspot)
Phone as a mesh-router: no idea if is possible to make your phone a mesh
node