[Berlin-wireless] Consultation

bb b.bloechl at btwo.berlin
Mo Sep 18 22:52:04 CEST 2023

At

https://github.com/search?q=user%3Afreifunk-berlin+label%3A%22Need+for+discussion%22+state%3Aopen&type=Issues&ref=advsearch&l=&l="

you find:

    Consultation hour
    We need to have (regular) meetings where (new) people can come with
    their questions/problems and we can flash new devices together. The
    meetings beside c-base are not working right now. This was discussed
    ..."

I give this idea/problem a "thumb up"!

This is a topic I have already discussed with some freifunk-members I
privately met occasionally. I met them afterwards  as I had problems to
flash and to start my own Freifunk router, I found no substantial
immediate help. For sure, I tried to get contact for some selfish
motive. (Is a Freifunk knot selfish?)

I understand the problem of the hard working professionals not to cope
with "kindergarden problems" after work. I share their experience.

It is frustrating to travel cross Berlin just to find the location is
closed. (My own experience.) Tip: c-base is always busy not only for
Freifunk! But it is more a party? A barbecue party in summer - why not?
May be I am wrong, I am just a guest/intruder there.

My (private) advice is a fixed speaking time to be (mostly) sure to find
somebody to speak with about such problems, or even as a nerd to find
somebody to speak at all about computer related things. The private
component might follow up. I think, we have some social responsibility
as well for IT-Nerds that make our IT-Progression. These have a hard
standing in our regulated society! (I speak as an IT project manager for
some years prior to my crash into teaching.)

I think Kirchofstraße 54 Berlin/Neukoelln is a good place for such.
There should be a contact person at defined time(s) to solve problems
immediate if able or to register a problem to pass to a knowing person
of the community. I am not a computer scientist, but may be I can pass
problems to the pros.

As a computer layman I offer to spend some regulated hours (not days) by
appointment at Kirchofstraße 54  to help.

LGBB