[Berlin-wireless] ignition stage 1

Carsten Schiefner carsten at schiefner.berlin
Do Apr 18 18:21:56 CEST 2024

> Am 18.04.2024 um 15:14 schrieb xetrov - vortex <xetrov at c-base.org>:
>
> TBH, if you already understand how DNSSEC works, the best I've found is to carefully read through the latest BIND9 docs.

My apologies - my question was probably a bit misleading.

I wasn’t so much after a general How-To primer, but after the specific setup for the freifunk.net domain, interested in your design goals, decisions etc., given that there might be quite a bunch of 3rd levels underneath freifunk.net, possibly even served by different NS sets.

> v9.18+ makes it so much easier to deploy and manage DNSSEC than earlier versions - almost entirely automatic.

Ah - so that’s the chosen piece of SW. :-)

> I'll be at the May 1st Berlin Freifunk meetup, and would like to give an updated presentation of a CCCamp workshop given last year on secure dynamic DNSSEC in community networks.

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend that workshop last year nor will I be able to attend the FF meetup that coming Wednesday in May.

Mind providing a link to your (updated) presentation? I’m confident that this will be sufficient already to help me out.

Thanks & best,

-C.