[Berlin-wireless] Freifunk-ler in Cebit 2008

spazio.frizzante spazio.frizzante
Fr Mär 7 13:07:50 CET 2008

Hi!

I was at the cebit yesterday and met some interesting folks from Latvia,
who are producint wlan embedded devices based on OpenWRT. They told me
they will be in Berlin on Monday, if someone is interested to meet them.
We made a short video. It is a bit noisy, but might still be of interest
to you.

http://blog.freifunk.net/2008/towards-wireless-open-hardware-routers-and-wlan-servers

In the video they present their devices and some show cases as well as
FlashSYS <http://flashsys.org/>, their own web based firmware for small
router computers. FlashSYS environment is a cross-operating system
clent-server environment that allows developers to use existing web
development skills (HTML, JavaScript, Ajax, Flash, SQLite, and Lua) to
build and deploy Rich Internet Applications (RIA) for an embedded system
with a very small footprint. (http://openrb.com <http://openrb.com/>).

direct open embedded systems is able to produce WLAN devices that can
act as small web servers with currently up to 64 GB storage space.