[Berlin-wireless] [Fwd: Re: [Olsr-users] versions of olsrd]

cven cven
So Nov 16 17:21:23 CET 2008

FYI
lg
	cven

p.s.
tja, wenn das updaten immer sooo einfach waere...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] versions of olsrd
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 16:57:32 +0100
From: L. Aaron Kaplan <aaron at lo-res.org>
To: Mandelfi <mandelfi at free.fr>
CC: olsr-users at lists.olsr.org

bacwards compatabibility is attempted but not always 100% guaranteed.
We do have large networks which always have some old olsrd running
somewhere. So. *if* there is an issue we do get a report most of the
time.

On Nov 14, 2008, at 10:21 PM, Mandelfi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i wonder if various versions of olsrd can work together...
> (specificaly
> pre-0.5.6-r2 with 0.5.5, but more generally all 0.5.x and 0.4.x)
>
> i have some OpenWRT 8.09-RC1 devices (olsrd pre-0.5.6-r2) which
> receive
> routes via olsrd from some others boxes running older olsrd (0.5.5)
> but
> the older boxes do not receive routes in return...

yes, that is a well known bug in 0.5.4 and 0.5.5 - actually that is
one of the reasons for 0.5.6 if I recall correctly.

Please update those nodes.

a.