[Berlin-wireless] [Fwd: [OpenWrt-Devel] l2gvpn v0.1]

Alexander Morlang alx
Mi Feb 4 15:47:55 CET 2009

Hi,
Die vpn software, von der ich letztens gesprochen hab, ist jetzt in der
ersten testbaren version.

ipv6 im vpn hakt wohl noch an ndp, aber es will erstmal fleissig
getestet werden.

Gruss, Alex

- -------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [OpenWrt-Devel] l2gvpn v0.1
Datum: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:10:53 +0100
Von: john at phrozen.org
Antwort an: OpenWrt Development List <openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>
An: openwrt-hackers at lists.openwrt.org
CC: wlanware at freifunk.net, openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org,
berlin at berlin.freifunk.net

Hi all,

around xmas i was addressed by alxhh regarding the n2n project made by
ntop. to cut a long story short, throwing the tuntap device into a
bridge caused unwanted effects. i started to dig into the code a few
weeks ago and it ended up in coming close to a full rewrite of the
codebase.

so, what does it do ?

it is a layer2 vpn, that uses p2p for finding the routing info for the
vpn traffic. in short, there is a supernode and N nodes.

wanna know more ? the project is hosted at:

http://www.l2gvpn.org/

cya,
John

- --
John Crispin
hacking, coding, etc
blogic on irc

            |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
   KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge) -----------------------
    * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
    * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
    * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!