[Berlin-wireless] [Fwd: [OpenWrt-Devel] Release of Kamikaze 8.09]

Sven Wagner cven
Do Mär 5 23:11:14 CET 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [OpenWrt-Devel] Release of Kamikaze 8.09
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 07:22:38 +0100
From: Gregers Petersen <glp at openwrt.org>
To: openwrt dev-list <openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>

The long awaited 8.09 release is finally done. We took some extra
time to give it a lot of testing, to make sure that it's stable.

You can find it here: http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09/

The source code repository URL is https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/tags/8.09

If necessary, updates will be committed at
https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/8.09

Packages were built from
https://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/packages_8.09
with SVN revision r14365

List of supported platforms:
    * AMCC Taishan
    * AMD Alchemy (MeshCube)
    * Atheros AR531x/231x based routers
    * Atmel AVR32
    * Broadcom 47xx based routers (Linux 2.4 and 2.6)
    * Infineon/ADMtek ADM5120
    * IXP42x/43x
    * MagicBox
    * MikroTik RouterBoard 532
    * RDC SoC
    * Texas Instruments AR7
    * User-Mode Linux (source only)
    * x86 based boards

Changes from RC2 to 8.09:
    * Fixes for LuCI
    * More toolchain fixes for PowerPC
    * A small madwifi bugfix
    * Tx power handling fixes for multiple 802.11 drivers
    * Firewall fixes

Changes from RC1 to RC2:
    * Stability fixes for MadWiFi
    * Firewall fixes
    * Lots of package updates
    * PPPoE hotplug fixes
    * Atheros AR231x ethernet driver fixes
    * PowerPC fixes
    * ADM5120 support for both little and big endian
    * AVR32 compiler upgrade
    * Fixes for Broadcom 2.4 (stability, support for fixed bssid in
ad-hoc mode)
    * Improved ethernet driver performance for Broadcom 47xx (Linux 2.4
and 2.6)

List of major changes from 7.09 to 8.09:
     * Busybox upgraded to 1.11.2
     * Kernel upgrades for all targets
     * uClibc upgraded to 0.9.29
     * Firewall rewrite, fully modular netfilter/iptables support
         - Syntax of /etc/config/firewall converted to UCI
     * ipkg package manager replaced with opkg
         - package lists moved to ramdisk, lists are not retained between
reboots.
         - `opkg update' must be run after each reboot before new
packages are installed
     * Broadcom 47xx running reliably with the new Kernel, including b43
wireless driver
         - WEP, WDS and multi-SSID not yet supported
     - AP mode and STA mode are supported with WPA, WPA2, or no encryption
     * IMQ and Traffic shaping fixed with newer kernels (2.6.25+)
     * Sysupgrade for x86, broadcom and adm5120
     * New web interface (LuCI, Lua Configuration Interface)
     * New HAL and driver for Atheros based WiFi cards
     * Attention towards the integration of security updates
     * Build system cleanup
     * Package maintaining and updates between releases

List of known issues:
     * The b43 driver included in 8.09 is still not fully stable,
       so it's not suitable for production use yet.

--
Gregers Petersen
People-stuff, layer 8 and anthropology

            |__| W I R E L E S S   F R E E D O M
   KAMIKAZE (bleeding edge) -----------------------
    * 10 oz Vodka       Shake well with ice and strain
    * 10 oz Triple sec  mixture into 10 shot glasses.
    * 10 oz lime juice  Salute!