[Berlin-wireless] talk about Freifunk at the MANIAC Challenge Workshop

Sven-Ola Tuecke sven-ola
Di Jul 23 11:48:37 CEST 2013

Hi Emmanuel,

uhm - while I can write some decent sentences in english, my capability
to speak-out-loud in english is much worse. Besides that, I'm already
bound to put lots of election posters for the pirate party that weekend.
Maybe some other community member may want to jump in here.

Besides that - the (past an ongoing) battle for opening up spectrum is
better explained by someone who was involved with this mission. For
example, I once attended a bloke from NL/Delft capable of telling a lot
of anecdotes on this matter: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Hayes or
better
https://sites.google.com/site/wasabinetwifi/Home/updates/wirelesssummitviennaday2 (look for "Vic's notable points"). Should be set-books for folks doing a conference about "offloading" ;-)

Anyway - thanks for your announcement on this list, I think it's
appreciated nevertheless...

// Sven-Ola