[Berlin-wireless] Hello Everyone from a Colombian Mesh Project

Leonardo Taborda soyuz88
Do Apr 17 01:33:48 CEST 2014

Hello everybody.
First of all, I apologize if this is not the right place for such questions or presentations.
I am Leonardo Taborda, from Bogotá, Colombia. I am trying to run a mesh community on the neighborhood where I belong. Some friends of mine are also interested on participating on the mesh project and I am trying Freifunk on my routers. I address to you because on IRC Freifunk channel i didnt have a chance to ask someone, no one replied. Also there's not many info on the wiki, at least something that deals with my issues.
I have right now this router:
Tp-link wr740n, with freifunk attitude adjustment
And this which has no official support on freifunk and openwrt.
Tp-link wa5210G (nanostation 2 clon) that runs with freifunk kamikaze.
I know kamikaze is old and if there's no help with this device, no problem.
My questions are:
-How can i get the DHCP-Splash running, on wr740n i use the freifunk mesh wizard, i configure everything ok, but when clients connect for example to "AP10.freifunk.net", the dhcp-splash do not catch them.
-With the firmware generated from the meshkit for the wr740n, it does not work ok, i mean, it only generates the ad-hoc network but not the xxx.freifunk.net AP network. What's the problem with this ? To solve this i had to use a firmware from "download-master.berlin.freifunk.net".
Also any help with the kamikaze config for the wa5210g is appreciated, it uses the nanostation2 image, the freifunkassistant does not work fine, i do not know how to configure the dhcp-splash here.
Thank you in advance and if i am in the wrong place, please let me know it.