[Berlin-wireless] Fwd: [Olsr-dev] OONF release 0.9.0 - source-specific routing for IPv6

Bastian fly
Di Jul 28 10:29:22 CEST 2015

Hallo Menschen mit Interesse an Mesh-Architektur,

Olsrd2 kann jetzt "source-specific routing for IPv6", ein Feature das
wir seit Jahren vermissen!

Wenn wir also zukuenftig mit mehr als nur 2-3 FTTR-Standorten als
Uplinks public/global IPv6 machen wollen, und vor allem auch fremde
Prefixes in unserem Mesh supporten moechten, dann sollten wir uns jetzt
wirklich mal Gedanken zur Migration zu OLSRv2 machen.

@Firmware-Team:
Bitte OONF in die aktuelle 0.2.0 Backbone Firmware integrieren.

Cheers
Bastian

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: [Olsr-dev] OONF release 0.9.0
Datum: 28.07.2015 09:08
Absender: Henning Rogge <hrogge at gmail.com>
Empfänger: olsr-dev <olsr-dev at lists.olsr.org>

Hi,

I just tagged the version 0.9.0 of the Olsr.org Network Framework
(which includes DLEP and Olsrd2).

The release contains a few major changes:
- rewritten DLEP code with support for DLEP draft 15
- fixes for link-local Originator Addresses for Olsrd2
- support for source-specific routing for IPv6
- fixes for musl libc (important for OpenWRT Chaos Calmer)

and a lot of other small changes.

So finally, after years of "BABEL rules source-specific routing"
Olsrd2 got the same capability. I think this will become very
important in the future for IPv6 and multihomed mesh networks.

Thank you to Matthieu who implemented source-specific routing first on
Babel (and went through all the pittraps first) and the rest of the
people who kept asking me about the feature.

Henning