[Berlin-wireless] New Set Up Engeldamm34

graham barrett graham.barrett.mail at icloud.com
Fr Jan 22 13:39:27 CET 2016

Hallo,

Apologies for my English but my German will really not suffice.

I recently set up a new Router  TP-Link TL-WR842ND, flashed and configured as suggested. I received my Mesh IPs & DHCP and followed everything as described again.

My result is the following – berlin.freifunk.net now appears with a full signal (it is certainly boosted from before) and my router can be viewed as a device with a .freifunk.net address (cn13 I believe)

My problem however is there appears to be no external connection. Which is to say – no internet. Further to this, though I set up my GPS co-ordinates, the modem does not appear on the Berlin WiFi Map either.

I guess I am just looking for some assistance as it appears I have missed one key detail of sorts. I am relatively tech savvy but quite the noob when it comes to network set up. Any pointers and assistance would be massively appreciated. Particularly since we have a big balcony and I am very happy to put an antenna out there sometime!

Thanks in advance to the community J

Graham