[Berlin-wireless] Firmware for TP-Link MR3040?

Holger gonzo.d at web.de
Do Jul 5 00:57:34 CEST 2018

Nabend,

Am 04.07.2018 um 22:16 schrieb Petter Reinholdtsen:
>> as it is a 4MB device you might start reading from here
>>
>> https://lists.berlin.freifunk.net/pipermail/berlin/2018-June/037927.html
>
> I've tried, but my German skills are not sufficient to completely
> understand what those emails are saying, and the web based translation
> services were not completely clear either.  Are you suggesting I try to
> build my own firmware, download the firmware for MR3020 built by others
> or explain that 4MB devices are no longer supported?

Somehow yes!
Depending on ur planned setup u can still use 4MB devices or not. If u
want only mesh or notunnel u can still use 4MB devices.
Currently there is no build for ur device.

To build it urself it's like described in Thorstens emails.
download image builder file
https://buildbot.berlin.freifunk.net/buildbot/stable/1.0.1/ar71xx-generic/freifunk-berlin-imagebuilder-1.0.1-ar71xx-generic.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz

get source code
   git clone https://github.com/freifunk-berlin/firmware.git
   cd firmware
   git checkout v1.0.1

In local /profiles/ar71xx-tiny.profiles replace all with ur router
(similar to tl-mr3020-v1) to save time and space on hdd.

build with
   make TARGET=ar71xx-generic
IB_FILE=~/Downloads/freifunk-berlin-imagebuilder-1.0.1-ar71xx-generic.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz
images

done.

If somehting's missing check against
https://github.com/freifunk-berlin/firmware/blob/master/README.md#build-prerequisites