[Berlin-wireless] freifunk-berlin contact problem

Harald Stürzebecher haralds-freifunk at quantentunnel.de
Fr Mai 8 12:52:17 CEST 2020

Hallo

Am 08.05.2020 um 11:53 schrieb Malte:
> On Tue, 5 May 2020, Sven Roederer wrote:
>
>> The other valid options are:
>> * the user joins the mailinglist before he issues his request
>> * the mailman config is changed to wait from moderator approval for such
>> requests (which in turn needs a team to monitor the moderator-queue)
>
> It'd be quite surprising to have queries sent to a contact address end
> up on a mailinglist that has a public archive.

+1

An email sent to an email address should IMHO not appear on a public
list without knowledge and consent from the sender. At least there
should be some checking for and editing out personal details before
redirecting it to the list if the sender does not want to join the list
for some reason. "Moderator approval" is - AFAICT from my experience
with moderating the "Spandau" list - not designed for that kind of
interaction.

I think that maybe the "email address" should be removed from the
"contacts" (or left empty) of the file
"https://berlin.freifunk.net/static/berlin.json". There is an entry "ml"
that contains the same address and that might be designed to point to a
mailing list. I'm not sure if or how this field is used on the "Find a
community near you" page.

As long as Freifunk Berlin does not have a designated person or team to
deal with individual requests, asking that these requests are sent to
the list seems like a practical solution to me. Would it be possible to
create an email autoresponder with that specific purpose? Something like
"You have tried to contact Freifunk Berlin. Unfortunately, there is no
one here to answer directly to you. Please join our mailing list at ...
and repeat your question there. Maybe someone from our community can
help you." "Wir haben Deine Mail an Freifunk Berlin erhalten. Leider
kann sich niemand persönlich darum kümmern. Bitte melde Dich auf der
Mailingliste ... an und probiere es dort noch einmal. Vielleicht kann
Dir ein Mitglied der Community bei Deinem Anliegen behilflich sein.

Greets,
Harald