[Berlin-wireless] best practice: 5 GHz Backbone with Asus wl-500g

Bluse h2o-post
Fr Okt 5 00:28:59 CEST 2007

Appendix:

I was wrong with my setup descrition in my first posting, because I used one
atheros based senao card an 2 broadcom 1470 n the other nodes.
If I use 3 atheros cards meshed with freifunk 1.66 than I got only 1,6 MByte
/ sek download.
If I change it one node to  Broadcom 1470 card than the link is asymetric as
following:
pc->Asus freifunk 1.66 @atheros ->wireless ->Asus freifunk 1.66 @broadcom
1470
===> 2,66MByte/sek download
pc->Asus freifunk 1.66 @broadcom 1470->wireless ->Asus freifunk 1.66
@atheros
===> 1,66MByte/sek download

It seems like the atheros based node does not switch to 54MBit rate. But
I´´m not sure rigth now how to check the current rate. any hint ? (need "wl
rate" for atheros =

Bye Bluse

news:fe3l2b$2o9$1 at quamquam.org...